The Ring Cross Filter POL comprises two polarizing filters and is used with the T10 Ring Flash 1. The outer, annular filter covers the flash tube. The inner, circular filter covers the camera lens and is orientated at right angles to the outer filter. These crossed polarizers are intended to reduce reflections of the annular flash tube in shiny subjects, including human eyes. The two polarizing filters cannot be rotated with respect to each other. Both filters are circular (not linear) polarizers, to allow the dual-mirror beamsplitter in the OM-4 metering system to function correctly.
The Filter screws into the font of the T10 Ring Flash, but it cannot be screwed all the way in – part of the screw thread is always visible; do not try to force it.
The Filter cannot be used in combination with the Zuiko Auto-Macro 20mm f/2 or the Zuiko Auto-Macro 38mm f/2.8 lenses, because they protrude through the T10 Ring Flash 1.
Olympus OM Ring Cross Filter POL
|US catalog no.
Only one version is known.
Reproduced with permission from the copyright owner, Olympus Optical Co., Ltd
RING CROSS FILTER POL
This unit is a unique crossed polarizing filter specially designed for use with the T10 Ring Flash 1 to reduce reflection on glossy surfaces of objects in close-up or macrophotography.
||Screw the filter POL into the front of the T10 Ring Flash 1 (optionally available).
||Unscrew the filter.
- As this unit is simply screwed into the front of the T10 Ring Flash 1 to eliminate directly reflected light on the macro subjects, it is most suitable to photograph glossy surface subjects or medical macro subjects such as an eye pupil, etc.
- Although it can operate in TTL “off-the-film” Auto Flash mode in conjunction with the OM-2, making correct exposures automatically without exposure compensation calculations, it is sometimes preferable to over-expose by about 1 EV (exposure value) for better color rendition according to the subjects.
- In conjunction with the OM-1 or OM-2 on Manual, it is recommended to open the lens aperture approximately from 3 to 6 stops larger than the “FULL” positions as designated by the calculator panel of the T Power Control 1.
- The 6V Power Pack 2, optionally available, is recommended as illumination elements for easy, accurate focusing with the T10 Ring Flash 1.
Care for Use and Maintenance
- Color rendition is somewhat influenced by films in such a degree that golden color assumes bluish tone, while red color increases its intensity.
- This unit does not screw up to its flange surface in the T10 Ring Flash 1.
- The temperature in which the filter can be used is between 50°C (122°F) and −20°C (−4°F). As the filter sometimes changes its own color beyond 50°C (122°F), keep the filter in the temperature range as designated above.
- The filter changes its color in direct sunlight in a long period of time.
- Store the unit in a dark place or in a place free from humidity.
- Do not scratch the lens surfaces and the frame’s painted surfaces.
- If the rear side of the filter is wet with humidity, etc., wipe it clean.
- Do not apply pressure on the center glass or frames of the filter.
- When the filter is used with the Macro lenses 50mm and 135mm for magnifications 0.1× or higher, the picture image is sometimes cut at the peripheries.
OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO., LTD.
San-Ei Building, 22-2, Nishi Shinjuku 1-chome, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan